Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ajax Bible



Build interactive Web applications with Ajax
Create live searches and online spreadsheets
Discover programming mistakes to avoid!
Create blazing-fast Web applications with powerful Ajax

If you think that mastering Ajax is too difficult, guess again. You can create Web applications that look and feel like desktop apps in less time than you think with the comprehensive Ajax instruction in this in-depth book. You'll find easy-to-follow tutorials, hundreds of tips and tricks, and so much practical information that even skilled developers will reach for this book first. Let this Bible be your guide as you jump into the hottest Web programming technology in years.

* Master the fundamentals--JavaScript(r), XML, dynamic HTML, and CSS
* Tie Ajax into Google with the Google(r) API
* Handle simultaneous XMLHttpRequest objects in Ajax
* Use Ajax frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, AjaxTags, and others
* Understand the Document Object Model (DOM)
* Create floating menus and effects with CSS
* Encrypt data over plain HTTP using JavaScript
* Adapt real-world examples to your own programs

Companion Web site

Find all the code used throughout the book at www.wiley.com/go/ajaxbible

User review
Excellent for learning how AJAX works
This book is perfect for learning AJAX from the ground up. It goes into perfect detail with a lot of example code and great explanations. Considering how important AJAX is to web developers today, I consider this to be a must have in my reference books. The one thing I would say is that this book is more of a tutorial than a quick reference, and I would highly recommend getting the JavaScript Bible to go with it as an excellent reference book for everything javascript, including all the AJAX material.

User review
where is the errata?
This book explains the basics of Ajax very well in the first 4 chapters, better than some other beginning Ajax books I've read. I had my first taste of the author's excellent teaching style in his famous `Inside XML` book, and the same style continues in this book. Holzner is good at explaining novel concepts step by step without jumping the gun, so that the asynchronous nature of the Ajax request is understood well by readers who are not familiar with the concept. For that I'd give the book 4 to 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment